Wednesday, May 23, 2012


At El Camino High School I was able to witness some rather amazing advances in technology integration. IPads were used in all the Math classes that I observed, as a way to independently and collaboratively, instruct and assess. I do feel that student learning was promoted by raising students’ level of interest in the subject matter. This entire campus looked as though it had recently been renovated with high tech classrooms in the building we occupied. Because I began the 3rd trimester at MCHS, and arrived late, I was unable to learn about the class theme. Although, I do know that the theme of the whole school is one of core course completion, and it looked like the iPads were also facilitating students to review old concepts and get used to the long and standardized tests. Altogether I thought this was a very hands-on, user-friendly tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment